Thank you for registering your child with Infant Swimming Resource! I look forward to meeting
you and working with your child!
Please review the following information carefully. I know this is a lot of information, but your child's first day will go much smoother if you take the time to read this now. THANK YOU! :)
1. Once you have completed the ISR registration and paid the $105 fee, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam folder if you do not happen to see this in your in-box. If your child was approved, please continue to step 2 below.
If your child's registration is pending, our
registration team may need further medical/developmental information on your child, so please keep an eye on your emails in case they need further clarification in order to approve the registration.
Please understand that our Registration Team only wants to make sure we are providing the safest possible lessons for your child, and the information they request will help to do
2. The approval email from email@example.com contains some important information. You will need to read over the registration form that is attached to that email, in addition to any other attachments. Please be prepared to electronically sign all documents on the first day of lessons.
3. In the text of your approval email you will also see a “coupon code” valued at $15 to redeem at www.ISRStore.com. You may use this towards the purchase of cloth swim diapers or whatever items you like.
4. You will receive an email containing the Electronic Parent Resource Book (ePRB). This book will answer many of your questions and educate you about our method of teaching ISR Self-Rescue® skills, as well as general water safety and safeguarding your home aquatic environment.
5. We will start each day with a daily BUDS (Bowel, Urine, Diet, Sleep) interview with the parent or guardian of the child(ren) swimming each day. This allows us to create the safest lesson for the swimmer.
6. You will read in the ePRB about the importance of your positive attitude and emotions with regard to lessons, so please keep in mind that your child is constantly observing you and taking his or her emotional cues from you. Maintaining a positive, supportive attitude throughout your child’s ISR lessons will have a big impact on your child's ISR lesson experience! If you have a question or a concern regarding lessons, please feel free to contact me at any time. I make every effort to discuss your child's progress at the end of each lesson, but if you would like to speak with me privately, please send me an email and we can arrange to speak by phone later in the day.
7. Please be sure to read the "Lesson Guidelines" document carefully to ensure your child's lesson experience is a great one! You can find this document under the electronic documents tab above. My goal is for each child to have a smooth and enjoyable learning experience, and parents play a very big role in ensuring that the child's experience at the pool is a positive one!
Things to bring with you the first day of lessons:
Diet is an important aspect of your child’s ISR Lesson Experience. Your child should not eat or drink at least 1 and 1⁄2 hours prior to lessons. Your child should also not eat or drink milk or consume any dairy products within 2 hours prior to their lesson time slot (breastmilk is not considered dairy but still subject to 1-1/2 hr rule). In addition, infants and toddlers should avoid apple products throughout the duration of their ISR Lessons. Apple products are high in fiber, which can cause gas and bloating that will make the floating and swimming maneuvers practiced during ISR lessons much more difficult.
If at any time you need to reach me, you may text or call me at 727-386-8411.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this information so that you can be prepared for your child’s first day of lessons. I know it is a lot of information to take in, but there is a reason that ISR is the safest provider of survival swimming lessons. We at ISR truly care that each child has a safe lesson every lesson.
As a parent myself (and a former swim parent who was once in your shoes poolside), I believe in communicating everything clearly to my swim parents so that you have all of your questions answered up front. Your child’s success in lessons is of utmost importance to me, and I thank you for entrusting me with the amazing opportunity to teach them to be competent and confident swimmers and floaters! I look forward to partnering with you in this endeavor!
Certified ISR INSTRUCTOR